Monday, November 12, 2012

Homemade pasta sauce

We LOVE pasta!!! Lasagna, stuffed shells, spaghetti....... etc......LOVE IT!
One thing I do NOT like though, is sauce from a jar. YUCK!
 
I used to be very particular with my jar sauce until I started making my own sauce. Now, I refuse to buy sauce that come from a jar. Homemade sauce has SO much more flavor! I learned this past weekend that my BFF was going to make me lasagna for my birthday dinner, but she didn't because she said I am so picky about my sauce....lol 
 
The best part about homemade sauce is how easy it is to make!! Some people would say the best part is that it is fresh and there are not any added chemicals..... Well, that too, but I care most about how it tastes!
 
Once you make your own sauce you will never go back to sauce from a jar again either! Ready for easy and delicious??
 
 
Ingredients-
 
1/2 tbs olive oil
1/2 onion chopped small
2 - cloves garlic (Pressed or minced)
1- 14.5 oz cans of petite diced tomatoes
1-14.5 oz can of crushed tomatoes
*I like some bigger chucks of tomatoes in my sauce, if you don't then just use 2 cans of crushed*
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper *I use fresh ground pepper
6 fresh basil leaves or 1 tsp dried (If you use fresh, the best way to cut it up is to roll up the leaf long ways and then cut into small strips)
 
This is a garlic press. If you do not have one I HIGHLY recommend you get one! This is the best way to get fresh garlic and not have garlic smelling fingers all night! (I sell Pampered Chef and you can buy one through me if you like. You can get to my website from my business page link.)
 
Directions-
1. Pour 1/2 tbs olive oil into pan- Add onion and garlic- cook until translucent and fragrant. About 1-2 min.
2. Add both cans of tomatoes
3. Add salt, pepper and basil
 
4. Cover and Simmer for about 30 min
 
Looks good, doesn't it?!?!?!
 
Super simple, fresh and delicious!
Enjoy!
 
 
 
 


 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment